The Old Library is a light and spacious room.
The Old Library was designed by Sir Horace Jones and built in 1870. Fitted with handsome oak bookcases it housed a collection of over 40,000 volumes, MSS and maps. This collection was moved to the newly constructed west wing and the Museum of London in 1974. To the north of the room is a magnificent stained glass window depicting William Caxton.
THE OLD LIBRARY AND PRINT ROOM
There is a PA system which can be connected to other function rooms. There is disabled access.
1) Guildhall provide a PA system which can be connected to other function rooms. A technician is available if required. 2) Full air conditioning and heating. 3) 24 hour building security. 4) Furniture, including staging, is available for a variety of settings. 5) All rooms are accessible via lift or ramp. Disabled toilets are available throughout the building. Disabled parking facilities can be arranged if required. 6) An induction loop is available through connection with the PA system. Please contact the events team for further information. 7) Cloakroom facilities and toilets are located near the entrance to Guildhall. Cloakroom staff are also provided.