Livery Hall

  • Livery Hall

    Livery Hall

    An historic museum with modern facilities

  • Livery Hall

    Livery Hall

    An historic museum with modern facilities

  • Livery Hall

    Livery Hall

    An historic museum with modern facilities

  • Livery Hall

    Livery Hall

    An historic museum with modern facilities

  • Livery Hall

    Livery Hall

    An historic museum with modern facilities

Situated directly beneath the Old Library, the Livery Hall shares many of its fine Victorian Gothic features

Designed by Sir Horace Jones in 1872, the Grade II listed Livery Hall was used as a museum until the outbreak of the Second World War. The contents were removed for safe-keeping but were never returned, later being transferred to the Museum of London.

Restored as an events space and reopened in 2008, the room was renamed the Livery Hall to reflect the City of London's Livery ties. Coloured lighting beautifully illuminates the architecture, and a purpose-built kitchen, servery, lift and cloakroom facilities immediately adjoin the room.

More about the Livery Hall

  • To recall the Livery Hall's original purpose, some museum objects remain – a chimneypiece originally owned by Sir Thomas Abney, Lord Mayor of London 1700-01; and a sizeable Stuart coat of arms, combining the arms of England and the City, originally from the Wren church of 3 St Michael Bassishaw

Livery Hall image gallery (click to open slideshow)

360° venue view